[Ifeffit] P K-edge EXAFS

Mike Massey mmassey at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 23:09:42 CDT 2023

The other difficulty I have experienced with P EXAFS is that a lot of the second-shell backscatterers are fairly weak, so picking that signal out is pretty difficult.

I have some spectra of minerals and that's where I've wanted to start with P EXAFS (since the structures are well-constrained). But as has been mentioned, low-frequency oscillations and background subtraction have massive impacts on the P K-edge EXAFS function (tested this by taking spectra of the same sample during different runs and getting different EXAFS due to slightly different background).

I don't think it's necessarily impossible, I just personally put it in the not-right-now basket.