[Ifeffit] Differences between Larch and Artemis when performing FEFF calculations

Ava Rajh ava.rajh at ijs.si
Wed Oct 18 00:11:28 CDT 2023

Hello Matt!

thank you for the response. In putting together all the project files
for the minimal working example I tested a bunch more .cif files of
various materials including different graphite file, and there was no
difference in Larch and Athena in any of them (as long as the same FEFF
version and input settings are used) as expected.

Looking closely at the feff input file for the C.cif I was having
trouble with, there were some differences which I haven't noticed when
looking through them before. So as far as I am concerned, this was a
user error on my part, as the generated input files weren't exactly the
same. If I save the input feff file from Larch and use that in Artemis
or the other way around, as you suggested, the results match exactly.
The compared spectra in my previous message were calculated separately,
exported and plotted together.

thank you for very much for the help and kind regards, Ava