[Ifeffit] Question about EXAFS fitting of mixtures

Soyoung Kim soykim at lbl.gov
Wed May 17 09:26:22 CDT 2023

Thank you for the replies. That's what I thought too. And good point, XANES
will be different for the two scenarios and it would not matter whether the
analysis is by LCA. (For the cat riddle, is it four cats in a circle with
each cat in each corner of a very small room? Not sure if I'm getting the
point of the riddle.)

If there are significant contributions from multiple scatterings in the
EXAFS, it would be possible to distinguish the two scenarios with EXAFS,
right? But practically, I feel it would be difficult unless the data
quality is very high.

Best,
Soyoung