[Ifeffit] [External] Re: XAS viewer unit detection during data reading

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Thu Mar 2 11:11:34 CST 2023

Hi Mary Jane, Edmund,

Thanks -- I agree with the sentiment that plain text is more "durable",
especially in contrast to HDF5. That was also part of the original argument
for XDI - we are very sure that those files will be usable in fifty years.

I also completely agree that supporting NeXuS/HDF5 is valuable.

Thanks for the data from P65 -- we'll make sure that is identified.

And, yes the Q2XAFS meeting will include a discussion of this -- I am
hoping to have something useful to say, so again if anyone has HDF5/NeXus
files of XAS data, or is at a facility that is currently generating these
or planning to generate these, please let me know!