[Ifeffit] [Ext] Deglitch the data

Carlo Segre segre at iit.edu
Sun Jul 16 22:13:12 CDT 2023

Hi Kavya:

What you have are not glitches but shifts in the absolute absorption
probably due to bubbles or droplets moving through the beam.  You can tell
these from crystal glitches because the glitches are sharp and occur at the
same energy in every scan while these are likely to move around from scan
to scan.  In my experience, this kind of change in the spectrum is not
correctable.  Hopefully you have lots of scans and only some of them have
these artifacts and can be thrown out.

Carlo

On Sun, Jul 16, 2023 at 10:00 PM Shailendra <kavyarachna1302 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi, IFEFFIT community,
>
> I am Rachna, a Ph.D. student working on IrO2 based OER catalyst.  I am a
> new XAS user. Recently, we recorded some XAS on amorphous IrO2 electrode
> samples however some of the samples show a dip in adsorption at high
> energy. The glitches are similar to the one in the attached photo. I am
> attaching the Athena file for the measurements too. I was wondering if
> there is a way to remove such glitches.
> I would greatly appreciate any tips or tricks you may have for dealing
> with this situation.
>
> Thanks,
> Kavya Rachna

Carlo U. Segre (he/him) -- Duchossois Leadership Professor of Physics
Professor of Materials Science & Engineering
Director, Center for Synchrotron Radiation Research and Instrumentation
Illinois Institute of Technology
Voice: 312.567.3498            Fax: 312.567.3494
segre at iit.edu   http://phys.iit.edu/~segre   segre at debian.org