[Ifeffit] Scattering paths in Artemis

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Thu Apr 13 12:57:16 CDT 2023

Hi Jyoti,

The scattering paths are held in the "feffNNNN.dat" files, and do not
necessarily need the feff.inp file that was used to generate them.  It is
fine to move those around, rename them, etc.   That just means that you are
then taking charge of managing and organizing them instead of letting
Artemis (or, say XAS Viewer) do that for you.

You can definitely use different scattering paths from multiple
calculations, including those done elsewhere.

--Matt Newville <newville at cars.uchicago.edu> 630-327-7411