[Ifeffit] Issue with Larch interacting with other software

Luke Townsend l.townsend at sheffield.ac.uk
Thu Apr 13 05:52:10 CDT 2023

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been brought up previously but I wanted to see if
anyone else has had some issues with other software installed on the
computer interacting with Larch (particularly XAS Viewer) and resulting in
Larch no longer functioning. A couple of colleagues/students have been
running into this issue with the SEM software AZtec.

The error code that has been reported is (I'm not sure how helpful this is):

'Entry Point Not Found - The procedure entry point H5Literate could not be
located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files\Oxford Instruments
NanoAnalysis\AZtec\x64\HDF5_hl.dll.'

If anyone has any suggestions for resolving this (without having to run two
separate computers for each software which is our current work around) it'd
be thoroughly appreciated.

All the best,

Luke
--
Dr Luke Townsend | Research Associate | MinSoc Environmental Mineralogy
Group Early Career Representative & Newsletter Editor | Department of

*I may sometimes send emails outside of standard office hours as this suits
my working habits. Please note I do not expect an out of hours response in
return.*

*Latest research:*
Cr2+ solid solution in UO2 evidenced by advanced spectroscopy (
https://doi.org/10.1038/s42004-022-00784-3)
Sulfidation and Reoxidation of U(VI)-Incorporated Goethite: Implications
for U Retention during Sub-Surface Redox Cycling (
https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.est.2c05314)