[Ifeffit] Virtual SSRL Summer School on Synchrotron X-Ray Absorption Spectroscopy and Imaging Oct 25-28, 2022

Ritimukta Sarangi ritimukta at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 12:02:55 CDT 2022

Hello EXAFS enthusiasts,
We are hosting the SSRL "not quite summer" summer school at the end of
October this year (Oct 25-28). We wanted to include real experiments and
deferred the school to the start of operations at SSRL. The event is
virtual and all information (including registration details) can be found
at: https://conf.slac.stanford.edu/exafs-2022/
We recognize that there are several really good online resources for
learning about EXAFS and it has proved to be quite beneficial to the new
and experienced learners alike. We have changed our summer school format to
include additional teaching modules that can help participants learn
aspects of EXAFS data analysis that are beyond what we have typically
taught in the past. These new modules are especially helpful to the novice
user and include:
1) Opportunity to write a 1 to 1.5 page proposal to compete for
experimental time during the school.
2) A complete 1-day remote data measurement and hands-on demonstration of
beamline optimization and experiment setup during the live session.
3) Insights into becoming a user at SSRL, proposal writing and its review
process with examples of past successful proposals.

Looking forward to seeing some of you at the school.
Best Regards,
Riti Sarangi