[Ifeffit] XANES temperature estimation

Robert Gordon ragordon at alumni.sfu.ca
Mon Nov 21 11:13:19 CST 2022

Hi Gabriele,

To qualify Anatoly's cheerful, pre-morning coffee response, if your samples
are part of a sequence of measurements
of a material whose XANES has been measured at different temperatures, and
said XANES does have some changes
owing to changes in physical or electronic behavior with temperature (i.e.
a phase transition), then you could estimate
where your samples fit within that determined behavior.

Are you familiar with how temperature dependence manifests in a typical
XAFS measurement?
...through the Debye-Waller term..the effects of which become less
pronounced at lower k...

Temperature is more typically a controlled parameter during measurements.

So no, not really...unless there is a known behavior for comparison.

-R.