[Ifeffit] Error Larch installation

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Tue May 17 10:22:11 CDT 2022

Hi Christian,

OK, that's good that you got it working.  But I would suggest re-installing
as a non-Administrator account so that you don't have to run as
Administrator.   That is, installing and running as a non-Administrator
user is the goal, and works for lots of people.  For sure, it can be
challenging for some people (especially working for government labs, it
seems) to be able to install software, and so Larch (and, thankfully,
Anaconda Python) try hard to be able to install and run completely as a
non-privileged user.