[Ifeffit] Error Larch installation

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Tue May 17 07:18:26 CDT 2022

Hi Christian,

I have not seen that error before.   Is that happening during installation,
after installing, and when trying to run one of the programs?  It looks
like it is *after* installation.

I don't think I've seen the installer put programs in C:\programdata, but
maybe there's some Windows environment variable that sets that.  Do you
know if that is the case? Like, was Larch installed from an Administrator
account?

It looks like the problem is that you do not have permission to write to a
Temp folder "C:\Users\Asus\AppData\Local\Temp".  Can you verify if you have
permission for that?   Could it be that some other user account was used to
install or is running the application?