[Ifeffit] structure for reference Mn foil

Hu, Yang (HIU) yang.hu at kit.edu
Thu May 12 13:29:19 CDT 2022

Dear IFEFFIT members,

I have been trying to obtain the S02 value from metal reference foils
measured at the beamline.

However, I constantly got a very low S02 value, such as 0.2 or 0.3 using Mn
alpha or gamma cif file (first shell of 12 Mn). Only Mn-beta (4 subshell * 3
Mn) could give a S02 in the range 0.8 ~ 1, depending on whether I
constrained sigam2 for all the 12 Mn or whether I fixed the CN for each
subshell. But the uncertainty is very high.

I also fitted the MnO measured together leaving S02 variable, and it
resulted in a S02 close to 1. So I am guessing I didn't use the correct
structure file for Mn foil .

I appreciate if someone could help on this!

Best regards,

Yang Hu