[Ifeffit] Question related to save fitting results in Larch

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Thu Mar 24 22:29:52 CDT 2022

Hi Harry,

On Thu, Mar 24, 2022 at 11:30 AM Andy Zhang <hzhangcat at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> I have a question related to saving fitting results in Larch. I wonder if
> it is possible to save the project file with fitting results, just like the
> .fpj file in Artemis. In this way, I could save the partially finished work
> and do it later.

At the moment, there is not a "save as feff fitting result as a project"
that can be read back in.  You can save a script of the feff fit and edit
and run that.  But, XAS Viewer won't read that back in a way that can
reproduce the GUI experience.   And, it is much harder to share that as a
single "project" with others (including yourself in a week, or month, or
three years).   This is a "known problem" and one that we're trying to
figure out how to do well.

The current thought (but not set in stone) is to create a single project
file that encapsulates all the possible analysis types (pre-edge peaks,
linear combinations, feff fitting) into a single project file, probably
hdf5.

There isn't really a timeline for this, but we do know it is an important
need.