[Ifeffit] Literature question---FEFF-based wavelet

Xinyu Luo xinyuluo at zju.edu.cn
Wed Jun 29 03:43:37 CDT 2022

Hi everyone,

I'm a graduate student interested in using wt-EXAFS to analyze LDH compounds. I've surfed the ESRF website, tried Continuous Cauchy and Morlet as mother wavelets, and am aware of their limitations. I'm inspired by previous work by Funke et al. [J. Synchrotron Radiat. 2007, 14 (5), 426–432.], that customizing the mother wavelet can strengthen the sensitivity to the path of interest. I have some questions as follows.
1)Can the FEFF-Morlet wavelet be manipulated through parameters like the Morlet or Cauchy wavelet to reach the desired Heisenberg box?
2)How to practically execute the as-mentioned four steps to construct the FEFF-Morlet wavelet? Could you suggest some software toolkit to start, perhaps Matlab?
3)I'm also curious about the 2D contour generated by FEFF-Morlet which didn't show up in the paper. Will the overview wt figure gain better general resolution simply by choosing an appropriate mother wavelet?

Regards
Xinyu