[Ifeffit] data plotting

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Mon Jun 27 23:22:03 CDT 2022

Hi Weronika,

I think that the problem is due to the fact that the data file stores data
in keV so that the small increments in energy at the pre-edge look like
very, very small changes if the energy is assumed to be in eV.    So, I
think you may just need to specify that the data has energy units of keV
rather than eV.

When I read your Fe_Kedge_falconX.... file into XAS Viewer, I also had to
tell it that it was XAS data in keV, but then it read in just fine.  If I
zoom in on the pre-edge peaks it shows:

[image: image.png]

I think that agrees with what you see.