[Ifeffit] data plotting

Ofierska Weronika Lucja weronika.ofierska at erdw.ethz.ch
Mon Jun 27 10:22:35 CDT 2022

Dear all,

I am a new user of Athena and encountered some issues with data plotting.

While plotting the uXAS data for Fe K pre-edge the quality of plotting is somehow less sharp compared to the actual data I plotted using other graphical tool (see below)

[cid:4465cab9-2ae8-49e7-8253-e54ac3d22bb7]

vs what I get from Athena

[cid:4db817c1-78d0-4ac8-b094-12d37d055466]

As you can see the resolution of the pre-edge in Athena is so poor I cannot resolve the Fe2+/Fe3+ ratio as the peak for Fe3+ is not visible. (I plotted Bruce's data from lepidocrocite to see if it's a common problem and it seems that his data look much better than mine). During my time on synchrotron we actually spent a lot of time to resolve best resolution on the pre edge, so it's not a acquisition problem.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

I am attaching the project file and txt file (plot FluoRT2 column) with the original data.

Thank you for your help,

Weronika Ofierska