[Ifeffit] FEFF calculation on ferri-/ferrocyanide materials

Hu, Yang (HIU) yang.hu at kit.edu
Sun Jan 23 11:29:40 CST 2022

Dear IFEFFIT members,

I am trying to apply the FEFF calculation on Metal-[Fe(CN)6] type materials
(in Larch). The calculations were successful with cif files from (K,
Na)x(Cu, Ni) [Fe(CN)6]  for both C-coordinated Fe and N-coordinated metals,
and their results include higher-order paths.

However, the calculation on NaxFe[Fe(CN)6] always gives the warning ".Two
atoms very close together. Check input." and takes long time. The calculated
results have some collinear 5- and 6-leg paths with several hundred or even
thousand importance value.

I am wondering if it is possible to limit the multiple scattering to a lower
order in the calculation (such as suggested in Artemis user guide).

Plus, if I only aim to model the nearest Fe-C and Fe-N for its Fe K-edge
spectra, are there any alternative methods for the calculation? - I also
would like to ask whether it is meaningful to do this while ignoring those
multiple scatterings in this type of materials.

Your help and comments are highly appreciated,

Best regards,

Yang