[Ifeffit] Larch install error on MacOS 12.2

Mangold, Stefan (IPS) stefan.mangold at kit.edu
Thu Feb 10 04:26:43 CST 2022

Dear Matt,

sorry for the delayed feedback, my time for testing is pretty limited.

1. tried to start the old installation, but XAS viewer didn’t start
2. installed binary installer and tried to create new ICONs, didn’t work (used all command described on the webpage)
3. Install via script on the web page, installer said everything fine, start-up icons (XAS-viewer) created, but they didn’t start up.

so next thing I will do is to install anaconda again, and try it via the instruction Jeff Terry pointed to

——

    # Create new environment
    conda config --add channels conda-forge
    conda create -n exafs python=3.7
    conda activate exafs

    # Install Conda Dependencies
    conda install -y "numpy=>1.20" "scipy=>1.5" "matplotlib=>3.0" scikit-learn pandas
    conda install -y pyparsing pytest pytest-cov coverage
    conda install -y h5py pillow  sqlalchemy psutil pyyaml
    conda install -y psycopg2-binary numdifftools emcee
    conda install -y wxpython
    conda install -y pymatgen
    conda install -y cython

    # Install lmfits and Xraylarch using Pip
    pip install lmfit peakutils pyepics pyshortcuts termcolor sphinx dill pycifrw xraydb wxmplot wxutils
    pip install xraylarch

larch -m

----

more testing probably this evening …