[Ifeffit] [Ext] Larch install error on MacOS 12.2

Jeffrey Terry terryj at iit.edu
Wed Feb 9 12:10:29 CST 2022

Hi Stefan,

We recently updated our EXAFS Neo analysis package to work with the new version of Larch.

I installed Larch using the detailed instructions on our GitHub site on a number of Macs* running OS X 12.x this weekend.

https://github.com/laumiulun/EXAFS-Neo-Public

If you want to use the Larch GUIs, you need to take the additional step of:

larch -m

Which puts links to the GUIs on the desktop.

Our code calls uses larch Python routines so we have developed a fairly robust procedure for making sure larch installs correctly on all operating systems.

Hope that helps.

Jeff

*all M1 machines but I don’t expect it will make a difference

Jeff Terry
Interim Chair, Department of Social Sciences
Professor of Physics
Professor of Mechanical, Materials, and Aerospace Engineering
Editor, Applied Surface Science
Illinois Institute of Technology
3101 S. Dearborn St.
Chicago IL 60616