[Ifeffit] Installing Demeter on Mac (Apple M1)

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Mon Dec 5 10:10:44 CST 2022

Hi Anthony,

It does look like Demeter installed for you with MacPorts.  Great!  I have
had no luck with that for many years.  I started trying again today (also
trying to see if Yasin Deep's question can be resolved).  It looks like it
will try to build everything from source code, and so it will likely make
many hours just to get ready to try to install the Demeter package.

If it did install for you,  it might be that all you have to do is open a
new Terminal to get /opt/local/bin in your PATH, or maybe try typing

    /opt/local/bin/athena

or maybe /opt/local/bin/dathena.

--Matt