[Ifeffit] VC and V(CO)6 data to share

Ismael Graff graff at fisica.ufpr.br
Fri Aug 5 20:42:36 CDT 2022

Hi Joseph,

I'm aware that V(CO)6 is highly reactive and it is difficult to deal with.
Some years ago colleagues alleged that they had synthesized V(CO)6
nanoparticles using laser ablation of vanadium embbeded in organic
liquids. I did XAS measurements of this colloidal solution of
nanoparticles and the XANES spectrum resembles a lot VC, and not V(CO)6!
Since these colleagues did some NMR measuremnts and claimed it was V(CO)6,
I would like to have a measurement of a standard V(CO)6 to argue with
them. XANES is enough for me. By the way, if you have a paper to indicate,
it would be OK too.

Best regards, Ismael.

Em Sex, Agosto 5, 2022 9:24 pm, Joseph Zsombor-Pindera escreveu:
> Hi there Ismael,
>

> EXAFS of V(CO)6 is quite tricky, as it is volatile and unstable, and
> difficult to synthesize. That said, I have been working with it and I do
> perform EXAFS, so I could probably get that data. What is your interest
> in the EXAFS of V(CO)6?
>
> best, Joseph
>

> On Tue, Aug 2, 2022 at 12:51 PM Ismael Graff <graff at fisica.ufpr.br>
> wrote:
>

>> Dear XAFS enthusiasts,
>>

>> would anyone have XAFS data of crystalline vanadium carbide (VC) and
>> vanadium hexacarbonyl (V(CO)6) to share? In the case of V(CO)6 I´m
>> having great trouble of finding any published measurement! I found
>> papers for Cr(CO)6, but not V(CO)6. Bibliographical references are also
>> welcome.
>>
>> All the best, Ismael.
>>

>> --
>> ************************************
>> *           Ismael Graff           *
>> *                                  *
>> * Universidade Federal do Paraná   *
>> * Departamento de Física, CP 19044 *
>> * 81531-980, Curitiba, Brazil.     *
>> * Tel (office): +55 41 3361 3093   *
>> * Tel (Lab): +55 41 3361 3427      *
>> * Fax: +55 41 3361 3418            *
>> * http://fisica.ufpr.br/graff      *
>> *                                  *
>> *      "DOCENDO DISCIMUS"          *
>>

> --
> *Joseph Zsombor-Pindera, BSc*
> PhD candidate, chemistry: The University of British Columbia
> Visiting Student, chemistry: The University of Calgary
> Cell:  514.804.0798
> 336-B 12th Ave. NW
> Calgary AB, T2M 0C7

*           Ismael Graff           *