[Ifeffit] [Ext] Larch 0.9.59

Carlo Segre segre at iit.edu
Sat Apr 2 17:50:38 CDT 2022

Hi Matt:

 My installation is a mix of Debian packages and pip3 installations.  This
allows for more recent packages that are not in Debian.  The trick is to
know which ones are needed.  I can try the Linux install with one of my
virtual Debian machines.  That might be helpful.

Carlo

On Fri, Apr 1, 2022 at 6:14 PM Matt Newville <newville at cars.uchicago.edu>
wrote:

> Hi Carlo,
>
> On Fri, Apr 1, 2022 at 5:39 PM Carlo Segre <segre at iit.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi Matt:
>>
>> I have managed to figure out an installation procedure using Debian Linux
>> that installs Larch for all users on the system to use.  If this is useful
>> for you , I can write it up.
>>

> Yes - I think that would be very helpful. I know that it's all pretty
> focused on "install for an individual user", so if installing to a server
> needs modifications, that would be interesting to either automate or at
> least document.   For sure, we're trying to get to "normal pip
> install-able", but wxPython on Linuxes makes that kind of challenging.
>
> Somewhat related: I did verify that the Linux installer works for me, but
> I built it on a Centos7 machine and installed it on a Centos8 machine, so
> that might not be a fair test.  And I believe that some of the ESRF folks
> had some trouble with debian and an earlier version of this installer.
>
> --Matt

Carlo U. Segre (he/him) -- Duchossois Leadership Professor of Physics
Professor of Materials Science & Engineering
Director, Center for Synchrotron Radiation Research and Instrumentation
Illinois Institute of Technology
Voice: 312.567.3498            Fax: 312.567.3494
segre at iit.edu   http://phys.iit.edu/~segre   segre at debian.org