[Ifeffit] SSRL User Meeting Sept 20-24: Session on XAS +Theory for Environmental Systems

Bone, Sharon shbone at slac.stanford.edu
Fri Sep 17 15:13:38 CDT 2021

Hi All,

The annual SSR:/LCLS User Meeting is coming up Sept 20-24th.

I am advertising a session on Thursday, Sept. 23rd, titled:

"Enhancing X-ray Spectroscopy with ab initio and classical computational tools to understand environmental processes"

Agenda:
https://events.bizzabo.com/SLAC-UsersMeeting-2021/agenda/session/565625

In this workshop, we will examine how theoretical tools, such as DFT and MD, can be used to aid interpretation of XAS data and enhance understanding of chemical structure and reactivity in environmental systems (e.g., for biogeochemical and geochemical applications).

The User Meeting will be held virtually this year and registration is free. You can find the registration link here:

https://events.bizzabo.com/SLAC-UsersMeeting-2021/home

We hope to see you there!

Best,
Sharon Bone, Ritimukta Sarangi and Jocelyn Richardson

Sharon Bone, PhD
Beamline Scientist
Stanford Synchrotron Radiation Lightsource
SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
(650) 926-3104