[Ifeffit] Cannon start larch on ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Mon Jun 28 17:55:33 CDT 2021

Hi Don,

Hm, very sorry for the trouble.  In fact, I'm hoping to get a new release
out by the end of this week in anticipation of upcoming workshops and
schools, so I'd like to track this down soon.

I don't exactly know what that problem is coming from, but my first
suggestion would be to try to force reinstalling
pymatgen with conda:

    ~/xraylarch/bin/conda install -c conda-forge pymatgen

I think that ought to work but I'm not sure why the other version failed.
But it might be that taking pymatgen (with several binaries) is better done
from conda anyway.

I'm going to try that on a couple of Linuxes...
--Matt

--Matt Newville <newville at cars.uchicago.edu> 630-327-7411