[Ifeffit] TiFe EXELFS Two Phase Co-Refinement Question

Wilson, Catrina wilson.3981 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Thu Jun 10 12:51:02 CDT 2021

Hello,

I am using Artemis to fit EXELFS data on a TiFe alloy. There are multiple interfaces between two phases (Im-3m, and P63/mmc) present in the data. I am attempting to co-refine using both phases to create a path list and using paths from both phases in the fit. My understanding of this process is that the software uses a linear combination of each path. However, that would imply that there is a weighting factor applied to each phase that would be correlated to the phase weight for that region.

I was wondering if there is a way to determine what the weighting factors during a co-refinement to multiple phases are in Artemis, assuming my initial understanding of the co-refinement process is correct?

Thanks for your time,

Catrina Wilson
Ph.D. Candidate
The Ohio State University
Doan-Nguyen Group and McComb Group Materials Science and Engineering
Center for Electron Microscopy, 1305 Kinnear Rd., Columbus, OH 43212
(614) 643-3110 Office
wilson.3981 at osu.edu<mailto:wilson.3981 at osu.edu> / osu.edu<http://osu.edu/>
Pronouns: she/her/hers