[Ifeffit] [Ext] EXAFS fitting - noisy data

Carlo Segre segre at iit.edu
Tue Aug 31 23:00:14 CDT 2021

Hi Yang:

If this data is not due to a poorly prepared sample that can be improved or
mismatched responses in the detectors then you will simply have to live
with it.  The data between 8-10 can certainly be included but with a bit
more car in background subtraction. It looks like there might be a long
wavelength oscillation in k-space.  I would also use a window function with
a dk of at least 2 on these data.  The noise level is not unreasonable in
the range below 10 A-1 but I would like to see the FTs.  As for your
question about how the range of k-space included affects the FT, the wider
the range of k-space included, the sharped the features in the FT.  The
information is still there but you will not have as many variable
parameters available for your fits.

Carlo