[Ifeffit] millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov outage starting April 29

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Wed Apr 28 09:45:48 CDT 2021

Hi Folks,

The server millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov that hosts this mailing list and
related services including Webatoms and the binary installers for Larch
will be offline due to a planned power outage at the APS.  We'll gracefully
shut down this server on the afternoon (Chicago time) of April 29th, a bit
more than 24 hours from now.   The estimate for restoring power is May 4th,
but it is possible that the outage will go for another day or so.  During
that time, any messages sent to this list are likely to be lost.

In the meantime, please do consider submitting an abstract for the Virtual
XAFS Conference!

--Matt
PS: if you need to contact me directly by email that will (or should) still
work during the APS power outage.