[Ifeffit] Core-hole Lifetimes in Hephaestus 0.9.26

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Mon Sep 28 13:47:44 CDT 2020

Hi,

Ah, Krause et al *do* use hbar, not h, so yeah With gamma = 0.2 eV, and h
~= 4.13567e-15 eVs (hbar ~ 6.582e-16 eVs), then lifetime is ~3 fs.

That is probably the mistake that hephaestus is making too.  FWIW, we are
not currently, but could be reporting core-level widths and lifetimes at
https://xraydb.xrayabsorption.org/

--
--Matt Newville <newville at cars.uchicago.edu> 630-252-0431