[Ifeffit] Core-hole Lifetimes in Hephaestus 0.9.26

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Mon Sep 28 13:37:05 CDT 2020

I believe it is using (or intends to use)

    lifetime = hbar /gamma

which is what Krause et al give.  With gamma = 0.2 eV, and hbar ~=
4.13567e-15 eVs, then lifetime is ~20fs.
Maybe I'm missing something more subtle?  FWIW, these reported numbers for
gamma in eV are described by Krause et al as "FWHM".

--Matt

--Matt Newville <newville at cars.uchicago.edu> 630-252-0431