[Ifeffit] Core-hole Lifetimes in Hephaestus 0.9.26

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Mon Sep 28 12:34:53 CDT 2020

Hi Daniel,

Thanks - that does seem wrong.  FWIW, Larch uses XrayDB which uses corehole
widths from Krause and Oliver for Z>10 and Keski-Rahkoken nand Krause for
Z<10.
For the F K edge, this give 0.2089 eV.  For this or other core-hole widths,
and assuming you have Python installed, try:

  ~> pip install xraydb
  ~> python
  >>> import xraydb
  >>> xraydb.core_width('F', 'K')