[Ifeffit] [Ext] Unable to Import Data In Athena

Carlo Segre segre at iit.edu
Thu Sep 3 09:57:33 CDT 2020

Hi Angshuman:

WIthout seeing the data file, it is hard to say but my guess is that there
is something in the header of the file before the data that athena is not
able to parse and since there is no filter for that specific file, it
complains.  Try removing all the header information before the data columns
start and see if that helps.  YOu can then start to put back the header
lines one by oneto find the problem.  It could be as simple as having had
the user type in something ina comment line that begins with a number.

Carlo

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 8:57 AM Angshuman Gupta <angshumanmet at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear sir,
> I am new to this mailing list and excuse me if the question had already
> been asked. I am not able to import data in the Athena software. I tried to
> import some of the examples data like Fe_lepidocrocite.000 in the Fe
> standards folder while importing the data I encountered an error
> (screenshot has been attached along with the log file generated in the
> terminal).
> I am using Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia OS and perl 5, version 22, subversion 1
> (v5.22.1).
> I followed the instruction for installation here "
> https://bruceravel.github.io/demeter/documents/SinglePage/demeter_nonroot.html
> "
> I will be thankful if you could suggest something to getting rid of this
> issue.
> Thank you
> Angshuman Gupta
> PhD scholar
> IIT Bombay

Carlo U. Segre -- Duchossois Leadership Professor of Physics
Director, Center for Synchrotron Radiation Research and Instrumentation
Illinois Institute of Technology
Voice: 312.567.3498            Fax: 312.567.3494
segre at iit.edu   http://phys.iit.edu/~segre   segre at debian.org