[Ifeffit] Ifeffit Question

Beck, Aaron (INE) aaron.beck at kit.edu
Thu Oct 8 02:46:29 CDT 2020

Hi Nicholas and all,

by coincidence, I experienced the same issue yesterday.

It looks like the  problem starts in the Athena project - if you import chi(k) data without background function, the program still somehow creates a false background function, which might become very high for higher k range. If you then import the Athena project data into Artemis, the fit doesn't seem to work properly for k ranges with a too high background value.

The simplest workaround is to directly import the chi(k) data into Artemis - or alternatively, save the data from Athena as chi(k), and use these chik data to import into Artemis. Don't import the Athena project data directly.

I hope I could help you!

Best,

Aaron