[Ifeffit] Problem with XAS Viewer

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Mon May 4 13:50:33 CDT 2020

On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 12:55 PM Xinyue Wang <xyw0719 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> I am trying to fit the main peak. So, to do the general peak fitting,
> should I use the pre-edge peak tab in XAS viewer or other tab?
> Thanks for your help.

What sort of model do you want to use to fit the main peak?  If you want to
fit it with some pre-defined line shapes (arctan, Gaussians, etc), then the
pre-peak tab might be able to do that.  As I mentioned earlier, you'll have
to start with "fit baseline" to get started even though it is basically
inappropriate, and then modify the model.

I should say that I'm not entirely sure that fitting in this way is really
what you want to do, but maybe you have some ideas about that is the
approach you want to use.