[Ifeffit] Unable to access content on millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov website

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Mon Mar 9 12:30:07 CDT 2020

Hi Julietta.

On Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 10:41 AM Jullieta Lum <jullieta.lum at gmail.com> wrote:

> Good Day,
>
> I need assistance with accessing content on the iffefit website. I am
> subscribed to the mail list and receive the digest. However, I am unable to
> open any of the past questions and answers which I could do before.

Sorry for the trouble.   My guess is that you are being bitten by the
recent "https" requirement for all websites hosted at Argonne Lab.  This is
completely out of my control, and means that any address like

should be replaced with (note: "https" in place of "http"):

It's basically impossible to change all the links that are out there in the
wild (but I should do a better job of updating the links on millenia
itself!)

But also: it seems that most browsers will usually know to auto-magically
translate links once you have gone to the "https" version.

hope that helps,

--Matt Newville