[Ifeffit] smoothing XAS data

Carlo Segre segre at iit.edu
Wed Jan 22 19:44:22 CST 2020

Hi Daria:

I smooth (or boxcar average) the data which it is oversampled, such as in
a continuous scan where the data in the exafs region is spaced closer than
the usual delta k of 0.05.

I generally don't like to smooth XANES data since smoothing does tend to
attenuate sharp features such as the ones which exist near the absorption
edge.

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Duchossois Leadership Professor of Physics
Directory, Center for Synchrotron Radiation Research and Instrumentation
segre at iit.edu   http://phys.iit.edu/~segre   segre at debian.org