[Ifeffit] How do I create a histogram based on R-space values

Robert Gordon ragordon at alumni.sfu.ca
Wed Dec 9 13:21:08 CST 2020

When i look at the files you included, I see R-value in the first
column, then what I am assuming are
the (magnitude of) Fourier transforms of different data sets selected
for export, with vertical
displacements of 10 or 25 between each data set.

A histogram plot would involve extracting N and R values (and
mean-square-relative-displacements and Eo-shift).

So, some questions:
Do these individual datasets comprise multiple scans for one sample?
If so, do you plan on merging this data (typically, I do this before
removing background and extracting chi(k))?

else if they represent data that is to be kept separate (not to be
merged)...

Have you fit this data to get N and R (and...)?

If you have a standard (e.g. only 1 target element), where you know N
and R, and what a histogram
plot of N vs R would be, have you tried examining that first to get a
feel for what you need to do
with your unknowns?