[Ifeffit] LARCH- XRF- fitting the spectrum

Ana Mijo ana_mijo at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 4 17:24:32 CST 2020

Hello,
I have images from GSECARS. I am trying to improve the background reduction by fitting the spectrum and getting new ROIs.
I did a fit but I don’t manage to update the ROI’s. I tried saving to a .mca file and uploading again  but I don’ t see a change.

Since I come from other software I may have pre-concepts,  maybe the first question is:
can a new fit be done and get new (maybe cleaner) images?
or
Can I only work with the ROI’s from the experiment?

If it can be done, how should I proceed after doing the fit to update ROI’s?

I have emailed this question to Matt also (before finding this mailing list).
Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Ana

Ana Mijovilovich