[Ifeffit] web apps for X-ray data and XAS library

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Fri Aug 14 09:39:46 CDT 2020

Hi Folks,

I was fortunate enough to have a summer student this crazy summer and had
them work (from home, of course!) on web applications for X-ray data
resources, including absorption calculations for materials.  The result is
a bit like a web version of Hephaestus and is currently at both
   https://xraydb.xrayabsorption.org/
and
   https://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/xraydb/

While similar to Hephaestus, there are some differences too. There are
pages for absorption and fluorescence lines, absorption length
calculations, ion chamber flux calculations, mirror reflectivities,
scattering factors, and mono Darwin widths.  Many of the calculations will
show interactive plots, links to data, and/or a link to a python script to
reproduce the calculation.   Questions, comments, complaints, or
suggestions for making this better are most welcome.  We may have missed
your favorite Hephaestus feature - is so, please let us know.

Also: the X-ray Data Library - a collection of XAS spectra - has moved to
   https://xaslib.xrayabsorption.org/ <https://xraydb.xrayabsorption.org/>

This has also expanded some (well, now with about 270 spectra), and added
several features, notably interactive plots.  Again, any comments or
suggestions for making this better would be most welcome.   I will be
adding more data to this library, but I also ask that if anyone has data
they can and would like to share on this site, please let me know.

Thanks for any feedback or suggestions you might have.