[Ifeffit] Jupyter/python question for Larch

Garret Bland gbland at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Aug 4 09:53:32 CDT 2020

Hello!

I have a Python/Larch related question. I have been developing some python
script via jupyter and incorporating Larch as a module. I was able to read
an athena prj file with the following code

*import larch as lc*

*athena_prj = lc.io.read_athena(prjfilename)*

Python stores this object as a 'Group' object with each spectrum being an
instance. I would like to go through more processing with all spectra.

Example:
*for spectrum in  athena_prj:*
*     lc.xafs.find_e0(spectrum.energy, spectrum.mu <http://spectrum.mu>,
group = spectrum)*

This does not work since the 'Group' object is not iterable. I tried to
look up some other built-in functionality with python, but couldn't find an
efficient way other than manually typing out each spectrum
(athena_prj.spectrum1,  athena_prj.spectrum2, .... etc). Is there any
built-in functionality in larch that can iterate this 'Group' object?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your time!
Garret

--
Garret Bland
PhD Student