[Ifeffit] larch can not deconvolve my data

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Thu Apr 9 23:22:17 CDT 2020

Hi Shaofeng,

Sorry for the trouble.  It turns out that the energy array for that
spectrum had two energy points that were different by 0.001 eV.    That's
not that uncommon, really.  But deconvolution needs to interpolate the data
onto a uniform energy grid, and it was using the smallest difference as the
energy step size. That made the array size very large, and the
deconvolution was just taking forever.

I have fixed the deconvolution code to better guard against absurdly tiny
energy steps or very large arrays.  But it will be a little while before I
make another release, so I also attach a project file where I moved the
energy values for the two offending points so that they are different by
0.05 eV.    I think that should work for you with the latest released
code.

Cheers,