[Ifeffit] Running FEFF 8 in Artemis

José C. Conesa jcconesa at icp.csic.es
Sat Sep 14 13:53:09 CDT 2019

Dear Matt,

I exchanged with you on this matter some messages in September 2017, and
after that I exchanged also other messages with Bruce Ravel in December
2017 and January 2018. He told me that he was very busy with its new
beamline and had no time to adapt Artemis so that it could use feff
8.5L. This was of course long ago. If Artemis can now use the output of
feff 8.5L, I'm glad to know and will try it. I presume that it will be
enough to tell Artemis the location of this feff code.

On the other hand, I do not use normally Larch, although I know about
it. Are there advantages in using Larch instead of Artemis?

Thanks anyway for the clarification.

Best wishes,

José Carlos

--
José C. Conesa
Instituto de Catálisis y Petroleoquímica, CSIC