[Ifeffit] Running FEFF 8 in Artemis

José C. Conesa jcconesa at icp.csic.es
Sat Sep 14 01:51:05 CDT 2019

Hi,

As far as I know, Artemis can only work with the format files produced
by feff 6. I tried months ago to urge the Artemis authors to make it
work with at least feff 8.5L (which is free for everyone to download),
but this does not seem to have been fruitful.

Regards,

José C. Conesa

El 13/09/2019 a las 18:44, Farideh Jalilehvand escribió:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am trying to do EXAFS data analysis using Artemis and FEFF 8.
>
> To do so, I have followed these steps:
>
>  1. Changed FEFF executable file path
>  2. Changed Process from Demeter to FEFF8
>
> FEFF 8.10 runs, but it does not generate paths that I can pick for
> fitting.
>
> The console shows that paths have been found, but does not write it.
>
> When I run FEFF outside the Artemis program, it does write the paths
> as the PRINT card in FEFF.inp file is set at (PRINT   1    1    1   3).
>
> So, greatly appreciate if you can help me finding a solution for this
> problem.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Farideh
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> Farideh Jalilehvand, Ph.D.
>
> Associate Professor, and Associate Head (Undergraduate)
>
> Department of Chemistry, University of Calgary
>
> 2500 University Dr. NW, Calgary, AB T2N 1N4, Canada
>
> Tel: (403) 220-3855 / 220-5353│E-mail: faridehj at ucalgary.ca

José C. Conesa
Instituto de Catálisis y Petroleoquímica, CSIC
Marie Curie 2, Cantoblanco
28049 Madrid, Spain
Tel. (+34)915854766