[Ifeffit] Issue with the Athena software - Athena Warning: redundant argument in sprintf

Ravel, Bruce bravel at bnl.gov
Tue Oct 15 07:08:47 CDT 2019

Hi,

It's hard for me to really troubleshoot the problem without seeing the
data.  It looks like the fit ran to completion, that is, the plot looks OK.

A couple of your standards don't actually seem to be represented in your
fit.  Augite has a negative weight and Olivine is barely outside its
error bar.  Also, the R factor for fit "B,D,E" is barely different from
those above, which further suggests that those two are not actually in
your sample.

What happens if you exclude those two from the combinatorial fit?  Do
you see the same error message?

What happens if you unclick the button that says "Force weights to sum
to 1"?  (I suspect that button is the culprit behind the negative weight
for Augite)

Does the same error message happen if the fit in mu(E) rather than the
derivative, as shown?