[Ifeffit] XAS fitting

Mike Massey mmassey at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 18:47:56 CDT 2019

The short, short version, in my estimation, is "pick two paths as a reasonable starting point and let the fitting parameters do the rest." You could even use two clones of the same path, which will end up getting different CNs, delr, and ss in the fit.

There's no law that says you have to use Feff paths that correspond to paths in your structural model (if an analogous path even exists). As long as it's close-ish to start (the program will throw a warning if it's not close enough), the fitting parameters can be used to handle small differences arising from e.g., octahedral vs tetrahedral coordination.