[Ifeffit] selection of pixels by criteria

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Thu Nov 21 14:26:12 CST 2019

HI Troy,

Sorry for the late reply -- I think this sort of slipped off my radar
screen.

On Sat, Nov 16, 2019 at 2:09 PM E. Rasbury <troy.rasbury at stonybrook.edu>
wrote:

> I have used larch some for XRF maps. I like the feature for defining ROI's
> and then looking at the statistics of the data. I have some samples that
> are an intimate mix of two or more phases and I would like to extract
> pixels based on a criteria- like high Sr or low Fe, etc, from across a
> whole map region. I wonder if this feature is available, or would be easy
> to create on larch?

Like you say, this is not currently available in the Mapviewer GUI.  But
it's a good suggestion and might be possible to do with a small amount of
code.

Would it work for you to say "Make an Area with all pixels where Sr Counts
is above some value"?  I think that would be easy to generalize from "Sr
Counts" to
"Ratio of ROI Counts"  (or "analyzed concentration" once I get that done -
a work in progress).  If that's right, I think it would be "not hard to
add".