[Ifeffit] no plot window with Demeter on Ubuntu 18.04

Ravel, Bruce bravel at bnl.gov
Thu Nov 21 08:50:52 CST 2019

Hi Joseph,

You did the first few troubleshooting steps.  Good to know that gnuplot
works by itself.

What is the value of preferences->gnuplot->program ?  On a linux
machine, this parameter should simply be set to "gnuplot".  That means
that gnuplot needs to be in the execution path.  Perhaps gnuplot is in
an unexpected place on your machine?  Or perhaps it is called by an
unexpected name?  If it is not in the normal execution path, try setting
that parameter to the full path to the gnuplot executable.

The Gtk-CRITICAL warning is almost certainly a red herring.  That has to
do with how one of the widgets in the main display gets sized when
Athena is created.  It is noisy and annoying, but almost certainly not
harmful or related to your plotting problem.