[Ifeffit] about WebAoms

Park Gyuchul park855 at purdue.edu
Tue Nov 19 20:27:27 CST 2019

Hi All,

I am trying to simulate the EXAFS spectrum of pure molybdenum through FEFF9 software. I got the atomic configurations of molybdenum from molecular dynamics simulations, and I'd like to import it into FEFF 9. In order to do that, I converted lammps file into cif file, and I am trying to convert cif file into feff.inp. I am using Webatoms to convert cif file into feff.inp. The default value of cluster size and longest path is 8 and 5, respectively (in angs). However, when I try to increase the cluster size and the longest path to 10, it stops working, and I got the internal error. I am working with 1024 atoms (8x8x8 cells, bcc crystal structure). Are 1024 atoms too many to deal with in webatoms? or is there other ways to convert cif file into feff.inp?
I don't have any problems when I use the ideal cif file (not from molecular dynamics simulations).

Sincerely,
Gyuchul Park