[Ifeffit] Larch 0.9.43

Mangold, Stefan (IPS) stefan.mangold at kit.edu
Thu May 2 12:20:10 CDT 2019

Dear Matt,

conda update —all
does not help. I think re-install anaconda is the only option. I testet this on a Mac (10.12.6).

best regards
Stefan

Am 02.05.2019 um 19:08 schrieb Matt Newville <newville at cars.uchicago.edu<mailto:newville at cars.uchicago.edu>>:

Hi Garret,

On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 8:33 AM Garret Bland <gbland at andrew.cmu.edu<mailto:gbland at andrew.cmu.edu>> wrote:
Hi Matt,
I just want everyone to know that for Windows, I tried to update larch to 0.9.43 from my existing Anaconda environment, but wasn't able to because of the Python version (3.6.8).

Ah, OK.  I  saw that "update" did not work from an older version using Python 2.7 too.   I guess it will not update python versions, though I am not sure of that....  Hopefully the ability to do a conda update will be useful until we switch to Python 3.8, which is probably at least a year away.

We did notice yesterday that - at least on Windows - the Warning that things may not work correctly if there is a space in the installation path is a correct warning.  Some of the things that we saw not work correctly include making the desktop icons or launching the applications from the auto-generated '.exe'  files.   I think this is not specific to Larch, and not something I'm going to be able to fix or work around easily.  For people who have a space in their username, I believe you will need to install to another folder.

I just recreated a new environment with Python 3.7.3 and I was able to update to the current version. And thanks for fixing up the import statements! Can't wait to use larch on jupyter notebook :).

Great, I'd be interested to see what you use these for.  That is, it might be nice to have some example notebooks.

--Matt Newville