[Ifeffit] Pseudo Voigt crash Athena

Ravel, Bruce bravel at bnl.gov
Thu May 2 05:43:29 CDT 2019

On 05/01/2019 10:57 PM, Matt Newville wrote:
> Larch (and the lmfit library it uses) and the XAS Viewer GUI are all
> supported. Peak-fitting of XANES is one feature which I am confident to
> say is definitely better than Athena. I'm willing to take 100% of the
> blame for this, but peak-fitting does not work well in Athena.

That's not necessary, Matt.  I have said before on this mailing list and
elsewhere that peak fitting is a very weak part of Athena.  While it is
true that Ifeffit's capabilities in this area were limited, Athena's
implementation was poor.

I completely agree that XAS Viewer would be a better choice for this task.

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS-II
  Lead Beamline Scientist, 6BM (BMM)
  Building 743, Room 114