[Ifeffit] Error when first opening Athena on Mac

Laura E Wasylenki Laura.Wasylenki at nau.edu
Tue Mar 5 17:32:11 CST 2019

Hello,

I’ve just attempted to install Demeter on a Mac running OS 10.13.6 (High Sierra). When I open Athena, the XAS processing window appears, but then a warning window appears on top of it that says “Demeter::Templates::D” used only once: possible typo at /opt/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.26/Text/Template.pm. I think a line number follows, but it is cut off.

The warning contains several more lines that are identical to that one, except that D is replaced by other letters. When I dismiss the warning window by clicking “OK,” Athena and Perl just close down.

Has anyone seen this, and does anyone know the solution?

Thank you!
—Laura

Dr. Laura Wasylenki
Associate Professor